SQUIRRELS HEATH JUNIOR SCHOOL
Salisbury Road, Romford, Essex RM2 5TP
Tel: 01708 446472
Head Teacher: Mrs Mary Shipton
Full Time Teacher Required for September
32.5 hours per week
Salary Range: Main Scale/Upper Pay Scale
NQT's welcome to apply
We are a three form entry Junior school located in the London Borough of Havering and within easy reach of the capital. Our school is a warm, friendly and caring environment where each child is valued and feels part of the school community. Our staff work hard to promote the social, moral, cultural and physical development of all children so that by the end of Year 6, they are confident, motivated and successful learners who are respectful and considerate to the needs of others.
The children, staff and governors of Squirrels Heath Junior School are looking to appoint an energetic and driven individual to join our teaching team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about teaching and has high expectations of all learners
- Is resourceful, dynamic and determined to be an outstanding teacher
- Is committed to their own professional development and is open to trying new ideas
- Will show commitment to the school's values
- Wants to be part of a school which is on a journey to excellence
We are able to offer:
- Enthusiastic, well behaved pupils who are keen to learn
- A committed, hardworking team of colleagues
- An effective Governing Body and supportive school community
- An excellent support programme for all NQTs
- Professional development for all staff including opportunities to work collaboratively with other local schools, advisors and consultants to improve practice
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school by prior arrangement. Please call Tracey Drewett, Office Manager, on 01708 446472 to arrange a visit.
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date for appliations: 28th June 2017
Interview date: 30th June 2017
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council