St Mary's Catholic Primary School
Hornchurch Road, Hornchurch, Essex Rm12 4TL
" With Jesus and through the prayers of Mary, we enjoy learning and celebrate our lives together"
Required as soon as possible
Hours: 1 hour 25 mins per day, 7.25 hours per week, 38 weeks per year - during term time
Grade: APTC 2 - Point 11
Salary: £2,986.00 per annum
Our friendly and successful school is conveniently located in Hornchurch and offers an opportunity for varied work in a happy team, working with pupils that enjoy coming to school and feel safe. (Ofsted 2013)
We have an opportunity to appoint a Mid-day Supervisor to join our enthusiastic and energetic team. A current First-aid qualification would be an advantage, if not, a willingness to undertake First-aid training is essential.
The successful candidate will be:
- A practising Catholic or be fully supportive in promoting the Catholic ethos of the school;
- Caring, patient and enjoy working and playing with children;
- Able to work as part of a team, share good practice and collaborate with others;
- Willing to learn, flexible in their approach and have a sense of humour;
- Able to manage behaviour in a positive way
- Able to support a range of children with varied needs.
We can offer you:
- A happy school which is well supported by parents and governors;
- Brilliant, enthusiastic and well behaved pupils, eager to attend school and engage with learning;
- A friendly, highly committed and supportive staff team;
- Good opportunities for continuing professional development;
- Excellent partnerships with our parish and wider community.
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636 or the school directly on the number above. To arrange a school visit, please contact Mrs McLeavy on 01708 448430, in our friendly school office.
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd June 2017
Interviews to be held: Wednesday 28th June 2017
St Mary's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS Check is required for the successful candidate
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council