Rise Park Infant School
Annan Way, Romford, Essex RM1 4UD
Telephone: 01708 761935
Executive Headteacher: Mrs C, Fox
Higher Level Teaching Assistant - EYFS/KS1 (Permanent)
Required for September 2017
27.5 hours per week (8.30am-12.00pm/1.15pm-3.15pm)
39 weeks per year
APTC 5, Points 22-25
Salary: £22,506 - £24,510 pro rata (£14,606 - £15,907 per annum, actual salary)
Rise Park Infant School is a successful primary academy, where children are well behaved and keen to learn. Staff are friendly and supportive within a welcoming, aspirational environment.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastc Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our school team, working with FS/KS1 children.
Applications are welcome from candidates with experience of working with this phase and who have an NVQ Level 4 Teaching Assistant qualification or equivalent Level 4 qualification.
The successful candidate will:
- Progress pupils' learning in a range of classroom settings, including working with individuals, small groups and teaching whole classes
- Plan and prepare motivating lessons and resources which engage all pupils and meet individual needs
- Be proactive, flexible, well-organised and willing to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Demonstrate passion for supporting all groups of children in order to enhance the quality of their learning and raise pupil achievement
- Have confidence in using computing to support and enhance the progress of pupils
- Utilise behaviour management strategies, in line with the school's policy and procedures, to contribute to a purposeful learning environment and encourage pupils to interact and work co-operatively with others
We can offer:
- A well-resourced learning environment
- A cohesive and enthusiastic staff team
- Polite and motivated pupils
- Support and commitment to continuing professional development
- A positive, engaged wider school community
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by telephoning the Executive Headteacher, Mrs Carolyn Fox or the Deputy Headteacher, Mrs Rachel Gallagher on 01708 749135.
Please apply online. Should you experience difficulties, please contact Schools’ HR on 01708 431636.
The position is subject to an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau disclosure check. Rise Park Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Rise Park Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd June
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 26th June
Please assume that if you have not had any acknowledgement of your application that you have not been successful.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council