Branfil Primary School
Cedar Avenue, Upminster, Essex RM14 2LW
Tel: 01708 225186
HIGHER LEVEL TEACHING ASSISTANT
Required September 2017
26 hours per week (8.30am-4.00pm Tues-Fri), 39 weeks per year
Salary Scale: APTC 5, points 22-25
Salary: £22,206 - £24,510 per annum, (£13,625 - £15,039 per annum, actual salary)
Do you have a FLAIR for art and DT or a PASSION for computing?
Are you looking for an exciting new CHALLENGE?
Do you have experience of WHOLE CLASS TEACHING across the primary age range?
Then come and join us at Branfil!
The successful candidate will teach whole class across the school, covering for PPA time, NQT release, leadership time and staff absence. They will teach a specialist area: art and design, technology OR computing.
We require a dynamic, positive, hardworking person who:
- Has a love of learning and commitment to their own development
- Has recent, successful primary school experience teaching whole classes
- Has a passion for the specialist area they will teach
- Has excellent skills and knowledge in their chosen specialist area
- Is self-motivated with high expectations of self and others
- Can use his/her own initative, showing resilience
In return we offer:
- Specialist areas in which to teach: brand new computer suite; art/DT room
- Mentoring, coaching, training and support to ensure success in the role
- A committed staff team who genuinely want the best for our pupils
- A variety of effective professional development opportunities and a fantasitc opportunity to develop skills and knowledge rapidly
- Support for a graduate to apply for an Initial Teacher Training position (following a minimum of 12 months successful practice in this role)
Please ensure that you include the following in your supportive statement:
- Details of your relevant experience in relation to whole class teaching
- Details about your knowledge and skills in relation to your chosen specialism
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd June 2017
Interviews: Thursday 29th June 2017
Please note: The London Borough of Havering has undertaken a review of employee terms and conditions, which is planned to come into effect later this year.
This means that this vacancy will be graded at Grade 5 at a salary range from £22,506 to £24,510 pro rata
However aspects of those terms and conditions (including pay) could be subject to change following implementation of proposals arising from this review.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council