Corbets Tey School
Harwood Hall Lane, Upminster, Essex RM14 2YQ
Telephone: 01708 225888
Head Teacher: Emma Allen
Full Time (Term Time only), Permanent and Cover Teaching Assistants Required
40 weeks per year, 30 hours per week
Grade 2: APTC 3, point 14 or possibly Grade 3: APTC 4, point 18 for an exceptional candidate with sustained experience of leading teaching and learning activities with a secure knowledge and experience of working with children with complex needs and Autism.
£18,657 - £19,917 pro rata (£13,537 - £14,451 per annum. actual salary)
This is a successful school with supportive governors and very special pupils. We are seeking to appoint Teaching Assistants to support pupils (sometimes 1:1) in mixed-age specialist classes. A first aid qualification would be desirable but not essential. The school is firmly committed to the development of its staff and for the right candidate, would contribute to the financial support of progression through degree qualifications that complement the work of the school (eg. Education, Psychology or Communication related subject).
A Teaching Assistant at Corbets Tey School will have:
- Experience and knowledge of working with children with a wide range of abilities
- A general understanding of national/foundation stage curriculum
- Secure knowledge and skills relating to strategies in working with pupils with Complex Learning Needs
- An interest, motivation and passion for working with special needs children and developing skills to facilitate this
- Ability to self-evaluate learning needs and actively seek learning opportunities
- Calm, controlled and effective communication and relate well to all children and adults within the school
- The ability to reflect on own behaviour to ensure teams are strong and working together to meet the needs of all pupils
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and repsonsibilities and your own position within this
- A high level of professionalism and the ability to distinguish personal and professional boundaries in school related relationships both in and outside of the school
- Level 2 (GCSE) qualifications in English and Maths
- An aptitude for understanding and/or working knowledge of specialist ICT software (Clicker 6, Communicate In Print, MS Office, 2 Simple, Active Inspire/Smartboard) to support pupil's learning
- Be willing to develop a full working knowledge, understanding and adherence to relevant school policies, practice and procedures
Full job descriptions are available on the school website www.corbetsteyschool/org.uk/about-the-school/vacancies-and-placements
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure.
To apply, interested applicants should complete an application form available from Karen Maynard or Christie Horton at Apex Education Training LTD: email@example.com Telephone 01375 806162
Please note that this is a full time post and part time applications will not be considered.
If your application is successful, Apex Education Training, who are managing our recruitment for us, will contact you to arrange a suitable interview date.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council