St Alban's Catholic Primary School
Heron Flight Avenue, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 5LN
Telephone: 01708 555644
Head Teacher: Mrs Lisa Schaberg
Teaching Assistant required as soon as possible
APTC 2-3, depending on experience. 27.5 hours per week until January 2018
£18,357 - £19,623 pro rata (actual salary to be confirmed)
we are looking to recruit a caring and committed individual to join our team of teaching assistants. This position is initially until January 2018, however, it may extend beyond this date. The post holder should have expertise and experience in working with children and relevant qualifications.
At St Alban's we provide a supportive and happy environment in which to work. Staff are highly motivated and committed to ensuring that every child reaches their full potential.
The successsful candidate will:
- Enjoy working with children and be passionate about learning;
- Be able to engage, enthuse, motivate and challenge children to be the best they can be;
- Work successfully as part of a team, accepting and acting upon advice and being proactive where appropriate;
- Be working 1:1 and with groups;
- Show initiative and adapt resources;
- Have high expectations and standards;
- Be flexible, hard working and caring.
St Alban's can offer you:
- A caring, warm and friendly school with happy, well behaved and motivated children;
- Excellent professional development opportunities, both in school and externally;
- An opportunity to be part of a strong and dedicated staff team who are committed to high standards.
We strongly encourage visits to our school both during the day or after school.; please contact the school office to make an appointment.
Please apply online. Should you experience any techncial difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. References may be taken up for the successful candidate prior to interview.
Unfortunately, unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
Closing date: Friday 13th October 2017
Interviews: Friday 19th October 2017
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council