Emerson Park Academy
A SPECIALIST SPORTS COLLEGE
Wych Elm Road, Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, Essex RM11 3AD
Tel: 01708 475285
Fax: 01708 620963
Head Teacher: Mr S McGuinness
Head of Technology Faculty TPS (Outer London) + TLR £9,378
Required: January 2018
We are seeking to appoint a highly effective, dynamic, forward thinking Head of Faculty to lead and promote the Technology Faculty. The appointed applicant will help drive Technology on to greater success.
The Faculty is a creative, forward thinking and supportive department, which is committed to raising standards. We also offer a range of extra curricular activities to enrich the educational experience of our pupils.
The successful candidate must:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner, committed to achieving and sustaining high standards of Learning and Teaching
- Have a rigorous and inventive approach to the delivery of technology across both KS3 and KS4 and be enthusiastic about the subject with the ability to inspire our pupils
- Be able to lead, manage and set priorities for the development of Technology at both Key Stages
- Set high standards within and beyond the department
- Be fully responsible for the day to day running of the faculty, line management of staff and strategic long term planning to bring about continued success
- Be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to work with other high achieving professionals
We can offer you:
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction programme is followed for all new staff, including those new to the profession.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Specialist Sports College in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents, committed Governors and enthusiastic students. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoyss a good reputation in the area.
Applications can be submitted online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head's PA, Mrs Beney
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th October 2017
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council