La Salette Catholic Primary School
Dunedin Road, Rainham, Essex RM13 8SP
Tel: 01708 555554
Headteacher: Mrs A Fletcher
TEMPORARY TEACHING ASSISTANT
39 weeks per year
2 posts - 27.5 hours and 16 hours
APTC 3, points 14 - 17
£18,657 - £19,623 pro rata (Actual salary to be confirmed, dependent on hours)
If you would like to work in a team dedicated to raising the standards of children and bringing them to their full potential please apply for one of these posts. The successful applicant will be extremely flexible and versitile.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is enthusiastic, confident, committed and able to show initiative;
- Is experienced in supporting pupils at all levels of ability and age;
- Is able to support both educationally and with social and personal needs;
- Is an effective communicator with pupils and staff;
- Possesses good literacy and numeracy skills (hold at least GCSE Grade C in English and Maths (certificates to be brought to the interview);
- Holds and NVQ Level 2 qualification or is working towards this qualificaiton;
- Has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration
He/she will be able to work under the guidance of the Headteacher and the class teacher, but also able to show initiative. Please contact the school if you need any further information.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 17th October
If you have not received an invitation to interview by one week after the closing date your application will have been unsuccessful.
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council