Squirrels Heath Infant School
Salisbury Road, Romford, Essex RM2 5Tp
Tel: 01708 446476
Temporary Learning Support Assistant to start as soon as possible - contract ends 31st August 2019 - contract linked to named child in Reception
Hours: 10am - 2pm, 5 days per week
Grade 2, point 11
Salary: £18,357 pro rata (actual salary to be confirmed)
Squirrels Heath Infant School is a caring, nurturing and friendly environment where all staff work collaboratively in order to benefit the pupils. The school's focus on developing thoughtful, mature and responsible learners is evident throughout the school. (Ofsted 2016)
We are looking for a part time dedicated, enthusiastic and caring Learning Support Assistant. The role is working with a pupil in the Foundation Stage who has an Education Health Care Plan. The child has social and communication needs. The role will entail developing the child's early social skills.
We are looking for someone who:
- is flexible, organised and a committed team player
- has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to children and adults
- has previous experience in an educational setting
- has worked with pupils who have Social and Communication needs and in depth knowledge how to support them
You would be expected to:
- work under direct supervision by the class teacher and at times be expected to use your own initiative to organise activities and tasks
- provide feedback to the class teacher on the pupil's progress
- support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for the pupil
- create simple resources to support the pupil's work, as appropriate
Closing date: 20th November 2017, 12.00pm
Interview date: 22nd November 2017
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council