Harold Wood Primary School
Recreation Avenue, Harold Wood, Romford, Essex RM3 0TH
Tel: 01708 345473
Teaching Assistant (SEN)
Required As Soon As Possible
20 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Grade 2, point 11-15
Salary: £18,357 - £18,936 pro rata (£8,430 - £8,696 per annum, actual salary)
We are looking to recruit a caring and committed individual to provide 1:1 support for a Year 2 child with learning difficulties.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with key stage one children and/or lower KS2
- Have the ability to work alongside committed class teachers to enhance and support children's learning
- Be confident in both maths and literacy and recognise the next steps in children's learning
- Be working 1:1 either in or outside the classroom
- Show initiative to adapt resources
- Have high standards and expectations
- Be educated to a minimum grade C in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
- Demonstrate commitment to your own professional development
- Be committed to working in a team
- Display a high level of enthusiasm and use their passion for Maths and/or English to inspire the pupil
- Engage on all levels and have a sense of humour
Based in a superb environment with attractive grounds. Harold Wood Primary School is a successful school with supportive governors and friendly pupils who really want to learn. Partnership is a way of life heare and our mission statement is "Working together. Learning Together. Reaching our personal best."
You will be joining a friendly, supportive and hardworking team. We are committed to high expectations of achievement and behaviour. If you are looking for a challenge and would like to enhance your teaching experience by working with us, we would like to hear from you.
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment. References will be taken up for the successful candidates prior to interview.
If you wish to visit the school you will be very welcome - please phone the school to make an appointment.
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date: 24th November 2017
Interviews: to be confirmed
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council