Diocese of Brentwood
St Ursula’s Catholic Federation, Straight Road, Harold Hill, Romford, Essex RM3 7JS
Executive Headteacher required for September 2018 or earlier if possible
Salary: Leadership Scale L23 - L33
The Governors of St Ursula’s Infant and Junior Phases are seeking to appoint an Executive Headteacher who is an inspirational leader with the vision and skills necessary to drive a federation of both schools.
The Executive Headteacher will be responsible for providing strategic leadership, vision and management as well as fulfilling the statutory duties within the Federation.
You will bring:
- Leadership experience as a Headteacher, preferably within a federated structure.
- A desire to foster the continuous improvement and quality of education offered by each phase.
- Enthusiasm and passion to advance further the Catholic ethos of both schools, as a practising Catholic yourself.
- An imaginative approach to education, aimed at getting the best from all members of the school community.
You will gain:
- The opportunity to lead a motivated and diligent teaching staff, fully invested in the continued growth of the schools.
- An Infant phase that has been graded OFSTED Good and a Junior phase graded as Outstanding. Both schools gained outstanding in their latest RE inspection.
- A pupil body who are hard-working, conscientious and continually demonstrate exemplary behaviour.
- A chance to demonstrate and implement your wide-ranging vision for the long term future of our schools, backed by a Governing Body and senior leadership group who are wholly committed to making St Ursula’s an outstanding place to work and study.
For details of how to apply and to arrange a visit to the schools, please contact Mrs Vicky Jones on 01708 343170. You will be warmly welcomed.
Please note all applications must be made on the CES application form. This is downloadable at the bottom of this page.
Completed applications are returnable to email@example.com or FAO: Alexandra Kearns, Chair of Governors, St Ursula’s Catholic Junior School, Straight Road, Romford, RM3 7JS.
Closing date for applications: Friday 8th December 2017 at 12pm.
Shortlisting: Monday 11th December 2017
Interviews: Thursday 14th December 2017
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council