EMMANUEL COMMUNITY SCHOOL
Graded a good school with outstanding leadership by Ofsted and outstanding in all areas by the Diocese of Chelmsford
The Drive, Walthamstow E17 3BN
Tel: 0208 5200775
Possibility of TLR depending on experience and expertise
- Start date: September 2018
- Closing date for applications: Monday 19th February 2018 at 12.00 noon
- Interviews: week beginning 5th March 2018
- Salary: Outer London Pay Scale
- Location: Walthamstow, London E17
- Contract type: Full time
- Contract Term: Permanent
- Visits to the school can be arranged by contacting Miss Jane Joseph in the school office
Help to shape a new and pioneering school
- Emmanuel Community School is a Christian School seeking to serve local children of all faiths or none
- It opened in September 2012
- It was graded good overall with outstandng leadership and management at its first Ofsted Inspection in July 2014 and outstanding in all areas in its SIAMS inspection in March 2017
- This is a wonderful opportunity for someone with the vision and skills required to help move the school from good to outstanding
- It needs someone with vision, passion and a pioneering spirit, to create a fantastic learning environment for pupils
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Can commit to our Christian ethos
- Will pioneer, create, teach and inspire
- Has experience of successful teaching
- Has an open and positive attitude and enjoys working as part of a team
We can offer:
- A commitment to your continuing professional development
- A chance to develop your leadership skills
- A team that is totally committed to working together to give our children the best possible education
- A positive school ethos that values all children
- The opportunity to work in a diverse and vibrant community with a fantastic group of children
The post offers teachers, with a passion for learning, the opportunity to work in an exciting setting, with a team of staff, governors and volunteers which is dedicated to providing the very best opportunities for children and families in the Walthamstow area.
Please apply using the attached application form and return to the school at http://www.emmanuelcommunityschool.co.uk/
Alternatively, please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Emmanuel Community School is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council