Suttons Primary School
Suttons Lane, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 6RP
Tel. No. 01708 443393
Fax. No. 01708 479804
Band 1 or 2 Part-time Teacher (0.4) (Maternity Cover)
Pay Range: £26,139 - £36,906 (£10,664 - £15,057 Pro Rata - Scale Dependent)
Commencing: September 2018 or sooner
Suttons Primary School is a vibrant one-form entry primary in the heart of Hornchurch. We have strengths in Music, Drama, French and the Arts. This is an exciting time for the school as we have just moved into a new building fit for 21st century teaching.
We are looking for a committed and passionate teacher who strives to give children the best start in life.
The successful candidate will:
- have a proven record of being an excellent classroom practitioner and can demonstrate a passion for children's learning through consistently high quality interactions;
- be enthusiastic and self-motivated and be able to work/lead as part of a team;
- have experience of teaching within EYFS;
- share a drive and commitment to work in partnership with children, staff, parents and pupils' acheivement;
- have a clear understanding of children's development;
- be willing to take on a post of responsibility.
We can offer:
- excellent continuing professional development;
- supportive staff who are receptive to new ideas and initiatives;
- enthusiastic and well behaved learners;
- a welcoming French speaking school where children are happy, safe and well-behaved;
- friendly and dedicated staff, parents and governors;
- strong ICT provision to support and extend learning and assessment;
- a supportive leadership team; and
- a very well resourced school.
For more information please refer to the school website: www.suttonsprimary.co.uk
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date: Thursday 1st March 2018 (at 3pm)
Short listing date: Friday 2nd March 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 13th March 2018
Please be advised that applicants who are shortlisted will be required to teach a lesson as part of the interview process.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council