Gidea Park Primary School
Aspiring Together Growing Together Succeeding Together
Lodge Avenue, Romford, Essex RM2 5AJ
Telephone: 01708 743801
Headteacher: Miss Amanda Conner
Class Teacher Required September 2018
Salary: Main Scale 1-6a (NQTs welcome to apply)
We are seeking to appoint an excellent teacher who will make a positive contribution to our school community. This main scale post would suit a teacher with a proven track record of success who wishes to further her or his career in a supportive and welcoming school. S/he may be: a newly qualified teacher, a recently qualified teacher or a teacher with experience.
- be an enthusiastic and reflective teacher with high expectations of pupil achievement
- have excellent interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents
- be able to enthuse and inspire children and contribute to a dynamic and dedicated team
- be versatile and flexible with a commitment to continuous professional development
We can offer you:
- a strong community ethos with staff who are friendly and work closely as a team
- a commitment to supporting continuous professional development
- staff who are recognised for their enthusiastic and innovative approach to teaching and learning
- well behaved children who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
- parents and carers who are supportive and ambitious for their children
Visits to the school are most welcome. Please either telephone the school office or email to make an appointment.
Please apply online. Should you experience any technical difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date for applications: Monday 26th March, 9am
Interviews will be held after the Easter Break, week commencing 16th April
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council