Emerson Park Academy
A SPECIALIST SPORTS COLLEGE
Wych Elm Road, Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, Essex RM11 3AD
Tel: 01708 475285
Fax: 01708 620963
Head Teacher: Mr S McGuinness
Head of Faculty - Modern Foreign Languages
MPS/UPS (Outer London) + TLR negotiable
Required: September 2018
Following the promotion of our current Head of Faculty, we are seeking to appoint a highly effective, dynamic and forward-thinking Head of Modern Foreign Languages to lead and promote the MFL Department; applicants must be able to offer French. An ability to teach any other languages (particularly Spanish) would be advantageous. The appointed applicant will help drive MFL on to greater success.
The successful applicant will:
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner; committed to achieving and sustaining high standards of Learning and Teaching
- Have a rigorous and inventive approach to the delivery of Modern Foreign Languages across both KS3 and KS4
- Be enthusiastic about the subject, with the ability to inspire, develop and encourage independence in our pupils' study of languages
- Set high standards within and beyond the department
- Be fully responsible for the day to day running of the department, line management of staff and strategic long term planning
- Have outstanding classroom management skills, high expectations and a commitment to the best possible outcomes for all students
- Be highly motivated and self-driven with the ability to work well with other, high achieving professionals
We can offer you:
- A happy, welcoming environment where children enjoy coming to school to learn
- A well-resourced MFL Faculty
- Friendly, supportive and enthusiastic staff
- Excellent opportunities to further develop your skills
A full and comprehensive induction progranne is followed for all new staff.
Emerson Park is a successful and oversubscribed 11-16 Specialist Sports College in the London Borough of Havering. We are set in pleasant surroundings on the edge of the green belt with close proximity to both countryside and central London. We are fortunate to benefit from talented and hardworking staff, supportive parents, committed Governors and enthusiastic students. The academy has a traditional ethos and enjoys a good reputation in the area.
Please apply online. Should you experience any techncial difficulty please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
If you wish to discuss the position or arrange a visit to the school please contact the Head's PA, Mrs Beney.
Closing date for applications is Friday 23rd March.
Interviews will take place week commencing 26th March 2018
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council