La Salette Catholic Primary School
Tel: 01708 555554
Headteacher: Mrs. A Fletcher
Salary: APTC 3, Points 14-17. £20,007-£20,472 Full Time (£12,984-£13,286 Pro Rata, Actual Salary)
Hours: 27.5 hours x 39 weeks
Required for September 2018
If you are an enthusiastic and committed person looking to work in a team dedicated to raising the standards of learning for all children you are invited to apply to La Salette School.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative;
- Is experienced in supporting pupils at all levels of ability and ages;
- Is an effective communicator with pupils and staff;
- Is competent in the use of ICT
- Possesses good literacy and numeracy skills (hold at least GCSE grade C in English and Maths. Certificates to be brought to the interview)
- Holds at least an NVQ L2 qualification or would be willing to work towards this qualification;
- Has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration
You would be expected to:
- Work under direct supervision of the class teacher but at times be expected to use your own initiative to organise activities and tasks;
- You will use initiative and contribute to creating a stimulating and purposeful learning environment;
- Work in partnership with other teaching assistants;
- Provide feedback to the class teacher on the pupils progress;
- Support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for the pupils;
- Create resources to support the pupils work, as appropriatbe
- be willing to administer medication, undertake first aid training and take responsibility in the event of accident or injury and provide documentation as required
- Attend 5 INSET days per year and training as identified by the Head Teacher;
- Lead high quality guided reading sessions;
- Contribute to assessment
- Be prepared to work with all year groups from YR to Y6.
Please apply online. If you experience technical difficulties, please contact Education HR on 01708 434255.
Closing Date: Wednesday, 7th June 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 13th June 2018
We are sorry but it is not possible for us to notify unsuccessful candidates individually. Therefore, if you have not heard from us by that date we regret that you have not been selected for interview on this occasion.
This post is exempt from the provision of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and, the successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced disclosure.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council