Upminster Academies Trust
St Mary’s Lane, Upminster, Essex, RM14 3BS
Tel: 01708 220453
Executive Headteacher: Miss Alison Edgcombe
Teaching Assistant with responsibility for SEND pupil (one to one)
Location: Upminster Infant and Junior Schools
Grade: APTC 2, points 13
Hours: 20 hours per week (8.30am – 12.30pm, 5 days per week)
Contract: One year contract with possibility of extending
Upminster Academies Trust comprises of Upminster Infant and Upminster Junior Schools, and we are three-form entry schools. This is an exciting time for the two schools, as we begin our journey of working even more closely together to provide outstanding education for our pupils that enables them to be successful learners, confident individuals, effective contributors and responsible citizens.
Due to our increased number of pupils with EHC plans, or pupils for whom we are applying for EHC plans, we are currently looking to recruit teaching assistants to support these pupils.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enthusiastic, confident, committed and show initiative and flexibility
- Be able to support pupils educationally and with social and personal needs;
- Be an effective communicator with pupils and staff;
- Have experience of supporting pupils in a school;
- Hold an NVQ L2 qualification or is working towards this qualification;Have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
We can offer:
- A friendly and supportive staff-team and governors;
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved pupils;
- Positive and supportive parents;
- Ongoing high-quality professional development;
- An opportunity to be part of a highly committed staff team.
For more information, please refer to the school website www.ujs.havering.sch.uk
Please apply online. If you experience any technical difficulty, please contact Education HR on 01708 431636.
Closing date: Monday 18th June at 12 pm.
Short Listing date: Tuesday 19th June 2018.
Interview date: Monday 25th June 2018.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council