Nelmes Primary School
Wingletye Lane, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 3BX
Telephone: 01708 447676
Head Teacher: Kirsten Cooper
SEND Teaching Assistant
Hours: 17.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
Grade: Grade 2 points 11 - 15
Salary: £19,896 - £20,136 pro rata (£8,217 - £8,316 actual salary per annum)
Contract: Temporary for 1 year until 31st August 2019
Required for October 2018, we are looking to appoint a committed and experienced teaching assistant to work with pupils with Education and Health Care Plans where some time is spent working 1:1 but also, supporting other children in the class where needed. The role also includes lunchtime supervision of the children in the playground.
At Nelmes Primary School we are committed to supporting and encouraging children across the whole curriculum and we passionately believe that all children, regardless of their starting point, can and should be included in the day to day life of the school and achieve well.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who has at least an NVQ level 2 and ideally should have experience in the area of working with SEND pupils.
This position requires the candidate to be:
- Proactive, well organised and willing to work collaboratively with all staff
- Able to engage and enthuse SEND pupils to participate in lessons
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs
- Enthusiastic, confident and able to use their initiative
- Have good numeracy and literacy skills
- To be patient and empathetic
- Demonstrate reliability and commitment to the school and children
Nelmes is an Outstanding school and can offer you:
- a caring, warm and friendly school with happy, well behaved and motivated children
- professional development opportunities within school and an experienced team to offer advice and support
- an opportunity to be part of a strong and dedicated staff team who are committed to high standards and creating an inclusive learning environment for all children
Please apply online.
Closing date: Friday 21st September 2018 at midday
Interviews: to be held week beginning Monday 1st October 2018
We are firmly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council