Suttons Primary School
Suttons Lane, Hornchurch, Essex RM12 6RP
Tel. No. 01708 443393
Temporary EYFS Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
To work 1:1 with a SEN child whilst they attend the school
Grade: Grade 3 Points 16-20
Hours: 27½ hours x 39 weeks per year
Actual Salary: £13,097 - £14,084 per annum
Commencing Monday 29th October, or sooner.
Suttons Primary School is a vibrant emerging two-form entry primary in the heart of Hornchurch. We opened our brand new state of the art school building in January 2017. We have strengths in Music, Drama, French and the Arts. We are committed to supporting children’s emotional wellbeing. This is an exciting time for the school as we have just moved into a new building fit for 21st century teaching.
We are looking for a committed and passionate Learning Support Assistant who strives to give children the best start in life. The successful candidate will be responsible to the inclusion manager and will:
- Have a proven record of being an excellent classroom practitioner and can demonstrate a passion for children’s learning through consistently high quality interactions;
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated and be able to work as part of a team;
- Share a drive and commitment to work in partnership with children, staff, parents and other professionals;
- Have excellent teaching, managerial and inter-personal skills with high expectations of pupils' achievement;
- Establish supportive relationships with the pupil concerned so he/she will learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and on his/her own;
- Promote the acceptance and inclusion of the pupil with SEN, encouraging pupils to interact with each other in an appropriate and acceptable manner;
- Support the pupil in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom.
We can offer:
- excellent continuing professional development;
- supportive staff who are receptive to new ideas and initiatives;
- enthusiastic and well behaved learners;
- a welcoming French speaking school where children are happy, safe and well-behaved;
- friendly and dedicated staff, parents and governors;
- strong ICT provision to support and extend learning and assessment;
- a supportive leadership team; and
- a very well-resourced school.
For more information please refer to the school website for further details: www.suttonsprimary.co.uk
Please apply online.
Closing date: Friday 21st September 2018 at 3:00pm
Short listing date: Monday 24th September 2018
Interview dates: Thursday 27th September, Friday 28th September
Please be advised that applicants who are shortlisted will be required to teach a lesson as part of the interview process.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council