La Salette Catholic Primary School
Dunedin Road, Rainham, RM13 8SP
Tel: 01708 555554
Headteacher. Mr. A.S Wilson
SEND Teaching Assistant
Hours: 28.75 hours per week x 38 weeks per year
Grade: APTC 3 Points 14 - 17
Actual pro rata Salary: £13,207 - £13,513 p.a.
Contract: 1 Year Fixed Term Temporary Contract
Required for: 29th October 2018 (although start date negotiable)
La Salette Catholic Primary School is a vibrant, child-centred and welcoming school. We are looking for a member of staff to work as part of our dedicated team in raising standards for our children and bringing them to their full potential. The role is primarily supporting our SEND children and furthering their learning. A successful applicant will be flexible, versatile and determined to ensure progress for those in their care.
We are looking for a person who:
- Is enthusiastic, confident, committed and able to show initiative;
- Is experienced in supporting pupils at all levels of ability and ages particularly SEND children;
- Is able to support children both academically and with social and personal needs;
- Is an effective communicator with pupils and staff;
- Enjoys working as part of a wider team;
- Possesses good literacy and numeracy skills;
- Has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration;
- Would preferably hold an NVQ L2 qualification or qualifications for supporting SEND.
What we can provide:
- A Catholic ethos at the heart of all we do;
- Continued professional development and training;
- A supportive and caring team;
- Clear structures and procedures;
- Good communication and support in your role.
He/she will be able to work under the guidance of the Headteacher, SENCO and the class teacher, but also be able to show initiative.
Please contact the school if you need any further information.
Please apply online.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 4th October 2018
Interviews: W/B Monday 8th October 2018
If you have not received an invitation to interview by one week after the closing date, your application will have been unsuccessful.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (July 2015) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council