Suttons Primary School
Tel. No. 01708 443393
EYFS Learning Support Assistant (LSA)
Hours: 27½ hours x 39 weeks per year
Salary: £13,097 - £14,084
Contract: Temporary for up to 1 year, maternity cover.
Sart date: Monday 7th January or soonest thereafter
Suttons Primary School is a vibrant emerging two-form entry primary in the heart of Hornchurch. We opened our brand new state of the art school building in January 2017. We have strengths in Music, Drama, French and the Arts. We are committed to supporting children’s emotional wellbeing. This is an exciting time for the school as we have just moved into a new building fit for 21st century teaching.
We are looking for a committed and passionate Learning Support Assistant who strives to give children the best start in life. The successful candidate will be responsible to the inclusion manager and will:
- Have a proven record of being an excellent classroom practitioner and can demonstrate a passion for children’s learning through consistently high quality interactions;
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated and be able to work as part of a team;
- Share a drive and commitment to work in partnership with children, staff, parents and other professionals;
- Have excellent teaching, managerial and inter-personal skills with high expectations of pupils' achievement;
- Support in EYFS classes, teach small groups and provide 1 to 1 support when necessary;
- Contribute to assessing and planning as part of the EYFS team.
We can offer:
- excellent continuing professional development;
- supportive staff who are receptive to new ideas and initiatives;
- enthusiastic and well behaved learners;
- a welcoming French speaking school where children are happy, safe and well-behaved;
- friendly and dedicated staff, parents and governors;
- strong ICT provision to support and extend learning and assessment;
- a supportive leadership team; and
- a very well-resourced school.
For more information please refer to the school website for further details: www.suttonsprimary.co.uk
Please apply online by visiting www.haveringschools.jobs and submitting an application form. If you experience difficulties, please contact Schools’ HR on 01708 434255.
Closing date: Thursday 13th December 2018 at 9:00am
Short listing date: Friday 14th December
Interview dates: Tuesday 18th December
Please be advised that applicants who are shortlisted will be required to teach a lesson as part of the interview process.
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council