St. Ursula’s Catholic Federation
Tel: 01708 343170
Executive Headteacher: Mr. D. Craft
2 x Midday Supervisors (Fixed Term for 1 year in the first instance)
Hours: 6hrs and 15 minutes per week. 5 days per week 12.15am – 1.30pm x 38 weeks per year
Grade: APTC 2 points 11 – 13. Actual Annual Salary of £2,855 to £2,860
St Ursula’s Catholic Federation is looking to employ 2x Midday Supervisors to join our friendly and enthusiastic team. Our pupils’ behaviour, attitudes and enjoyment were previously described by Ofsted, as being “good and sometimes exemplary”. We are looking for individuals who will encourage all of our children to behave in an exemplary manner. If you are looking to brighten up your day and spend an hour and 15 minutes looking after and encouraging children, then please apply.
A Midday Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Assisting and supporting the transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated areas during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime
- Supervising and supporting pupils whilst they eat including encouraging the correct use of knife and fork and table etiquette and behaviour
- Cleaning and clearing away the dining hall
- Promoting and supervising positive and active play and pupil relationships;
- Health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training);
- Managing student behaviour;
- Planning, encouraging and actively supporting positive play activities
The successful applicant will have:
- A positive attitude and can work in a calm manner
- Excellent organisation skills
- The ability to communicate and co-operate effectively with pupils and staff
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent self-initiated problem solving skills and can work in a team as well as on their own when needed
- A positive, motivated outlook and be very punctual
Please apply online.
Applications can also be submitted with CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hard copy to the school office.
Closing date: Friday 18th January 2019
Interview date: Week beginning 28th January 2019
We aim to promote and ensure equality of opportunity and equal treatment for all.
Havering Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and as such expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our students from abuse is the responsibility of all staff within our school, superseding any other considerations.
Havering Schools comply with the Department for Education ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (September 2018) guidance and all potential employees will undergo vigorous vetting checks to ensure their suitability.
Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974; the successful applicant will be expected to undertake a satisfactory disclosure. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from obtaining a position with the Council